[thelist] Caching of external javascripts

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Thu Nov 14 08:07:01 CST 2002

>One lingering doubt - which hopefully someone can comment on ....
>Are the headers sent when the file is requested directly actually the same
>as those sent when the file is included as an external javascript? I don't
>know how to check the latter situation.

An HTTP request is an HTTP request is an HTTP request, no matter what color
browser you use or how it handles the request. Technically it should use the
headers, but hey, who knows?

What headers were you using? I use ASP, so I don't normally create headers
directly, but maybe I can still help...

-dave