[thelist] Generating static Pages

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 15 09:25:01 CST 2002

At 08:32 PM 15-11-02, Carlos Costa Portela wrote:
>         This is not a good idea, IMHO, since search engines detects the
>404 error, and drop your pages from their listings.

That's right, of course. I was just saying it was possible, and don't
recommend it.

Thanks for pointing that out, Carlos. :)

(that said, couldn't we technically modify the response header the 404 page
sends so it's *not* a HTTP 404 but a HTTP 200? I'm just curious, and don't
intend to do things that way.)

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy