[thelist] Generating static Pages

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Nov 15 14:29:01 CST 2002

At 3:31 PM 11/14/2, Mark wrote:
> I have a client who wants me to generate static pages from my asp pages!
> ... The Why is he has been reading about search Engine's !!!

This is another one of those ways that ColdFusion ends up costing less.... ;-)
<http://www.macromedia.com/v1/cfdocs/Administering_the_App_Server/5_Scheduli
ng_Pages/admin05.html>

But given that you're working on a pre-existing ASP site, this recent
article on search engine optimization points to the XQASP utility for
creating a set of static HTML pages from an ASP application... can you bill
your client the $250 it costs...?
http://www.pandia.com/features/dynamic-pages.html
http://www.xde.net/product_xqasp.htm

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/