[thelist] design advice on add/edit pages in php

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 19:00:01 CST 2002

Hello all,

I'm working on this application in php/mySQL. As is typical, I need
to build an interface to add and edit a record which has various
fields.

So I built the "add" form, which of course has all the same fields as
the "edit" form.

Now I've often done in the past, is submit the ADD to the very same
page, and use the same page for the edit, just dumped the newly added
info into it.

I'm also trying to use this same page when coming to edit a field
from another page using a querystring like edit.php?mode=edit&id=3.

My question is - is this the best way to do things? I could have a
separate edit page - although that would mean I would have the same
form twice.

What is the best way?

Tom

=====