[thelist] Re: gecko and CSS content-type (was: <base> and DOCTYPE)

Bill Mason evolt at accessibleinter.net
Sat Nov 16 14:30:01 CST 2002

At 10:05 AM 11/16/2002, Ashok Hariharan wrote:
> ><http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/incorrect-mime-types/>
>
>Maybe i am a bit confused but, according to the article it seems that
>the transitional dtd is also considered a strict dtd ?

For the purposes of Mozilla choosing its rendering mode, essentially yes.

There is a confusion of terminology because there are Strict DTDs and what
is referred to here as Mozilla's "strict mode".  Strict mode does not equal
exclusively a Strict DTD.

Lately Mozilla's strict mode is more commonly called "standards mode" -- to
be a little less confusing, I imagine.  Also see my own Evolt article on
rendering modes:
<http://www.evolt.org/article/New_DOCTYPE_sniffing_in_upcoming_Mozilla_releases/1/32271/index.html>

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet