[thelist] legalities of posting received emails on a website

the head lemur headlemur at clearskymail.com
Sun Nov 17 11:02:01 CST 2002

> > my client now wants to post this discussion on their website, without
the
> > consent of the spammer.
> > does anyone know the legalities of posting the emails?
> > will my client risk getting sued by the spammer?
> > there was no "for your eyes only" footer, like some companies have.

This email will be read by the other list members, is also archived and is
searchable at the evolt website. Privacy is out the window, and is not a
concern. I do not post things that i will not back up with email, lawyers,
phone contacts or pistols at dawn.

The good news is: i am not a lawyer. that is also the bad news.

Permission or Notice are your choices.

You can ask for permission or you can give notice of your intent.
Neither one are required.

Personally I would post them in their entirety, complete with headers, IP
Block, Domain Name ownership, and every scrap of information including
phone, fax, addresses,  that you can publish.

Then send a link to the other party.

the head lemur
News: http://www.lemurzone.com/news/
Interviews: http://www.lemurzone.com/pixelview/