[thelist] database help (Tom Dell'Aringa)

Stephane Gosselin stef at hy.cgocable.ca
Tue Nov 19 21:47:00 CST 2002

Hey Tom.

	When I have a situation like that, the way I solve it is to add "option"
fields to my item table, wich is set at null value by default.

Customer has items wich have color options ? you use your option field, set
the items to blue, red, whatever.

If you have sizes ie: small, medium, large, -> add another option field  (
"option2" , or heck,  even "size" )to your DB, default it to null and store
you item-size in that.

That way any item not needing options is set with null values in the options. .