[thelist] graphic design :: fade out?

Geoff Sheridan web2k2 at premonition.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 05:53:01 CST 2002

At 11:36 am +0000 22/11/02, Dave Stevens wrote:
>Hello to you all,
>
>Does anyone happen to know of a way to achieve a "fade-out" effect on an
>image? I have an image that will be left aligned, and most of it fades to
>white on the right-hand side, except for one area - I would like this to
>also fade out.
>
>I'm specifically looking for a way to do it in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop
>7.0, and preferably not a cheesy powerpoint style fade out ;)

The best way to do this is with flash
*ducks*
The swf with the image embedded will be more or less the same size as
the original image. Just adjust the alpha or brightness of the image
over a few frames.

An animated gif is a bad way of doing this in terms of bandwidth, and
although SVG is a W3C standard which would do it, installed userbase
is not good. There may be IE-win-only ways of fading - Just Say No.

Geoff