[thelist] layers not frames

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Nov 22 15:45:01 CST 2002

i guess i'm not sure what you are trying to do.

are you saying that the page i showed did not have a scrolling div with
a table inside it?

here is what you said in your most recent explanation of your problem (i
believe it was just a copy of your original post.)

---
I have a navigation at the bottom of the page and just
incase text is more than anticipated and a scoll occurrs I thought I
could make
the navigation a top layer instead of introducing frames.  Should I use
css? Is
it the hidden: I need to use?

Haven't really used this before as i prefer scrolling :)
---

when you say "incase text is more than anticipiated and a scoll occurrs"
are you referring to the body of the page and not the navigation? it
sounds like the navigation from the way you wrote the sentence. but in
this last email that you sent (the one i am replying to) it sounds like
you are referring to the body of the page. are you wanting to do this?

+-----------------------+
|                      S|
|                      c|  <- this part will scroll
|    Content           r|     if the content of the
|                      o|     page is larger than
|                      l|     a specified height.
|                      l|
+-----------------------+
|   Navigation          |  <- this part will not scroll
+-----------------------+     because it is too small
                              and has fixed content,
                              therefore a fixed height

is that what you mean?

if that *is* what you mean, check out this page...

http://www.swatgear.com/testfiles/overflow2.htm

chris.

p.s. i really don't mean to be rude about the whole trimming thing, but
i would still like to point out something. take a look at your second
posting in this thread.