[thelist] Flash WYSIWYG editor test

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Sun Nov 24 10:14:00 CST 2002

On November 24, 2002 at 15:41, R.Livsey wrote:

> > > http://www.cache-22.co.uk/articles/Flash/R.Livsey/FEditor_Alpha

> Hmm that's interesting. Not seen it do that before.
> Will have to look into that.
>
> What browser/os/plugin version are you using?

I'm on WIN98 SE, IE 6.0.2800 with SP1, but it's a tiny box running a P3
at 475Mhz and with only 64MB RAM.

Just getting the exact wording of the warning, and it is indeed slowing
down even typing this reply... it is:

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia FLash Player to run
slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.
Do you want to abort the script?"

The warning actually comes up twice. I found the editor after reading
rudy's reply then scrolling down past the white/blank area. It seemed to
work fine, no slow down. I haven't tried to run anything like Photoshop in
the background, just Pegasus, and now it seems to be back to it's usual
speed even as I type. Could the warning be caused from the two scripts
okay after loading.

Cheers,

		Mark