[thelist] IMG vs IMAGE + screen reader output

kristina ml at kfxdesign.net
Mon Nov 25 08:48:00 CST 2002

Monday, November 25, 2002, 2:40:14 PM, aardvark wrote:

<:>
> erm, that's bad... alt attributes should either
> be descriptive of the image, or if the image is
> used strictly for layout (such as a spacer),
> they should be blank (not a space, just blank)...
<:>

  *ahh* ok, food for thought!  - i must have got
  the wrong hold of the wrong end of the stick
  somewhere along the line!

  I had thought that letting people know it is an
  image and then going onto explain what it is an
  image of, was a good thing.  I hope you don't
  think that I'm just doing alt="[IMG]" but in
  fact I'm doing alt="[IMG] this is the logo for
  this site" - -> that
  kind of thing....

  "live & learn"

  ;o)