[thelist] exploring XSL

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Tue Nov 26 08:25:00 CST 2002

Good morning all,

I'm interested in beginning to explore XML/XSL. Been doing some reading on
w3schools and came across this bit of information from
http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_browsers.asp

<excerpt>
Internet Explorer 5 is Bad

XSL in Internet Explorer 5 is NOT compatible with the official W3C XSL
Recommendation.
This restriction applies to both IE 5.0 and IE 5.5.

Internet Explorer 6 is Better

Internet Explorer 6 fully supports the official W3C XSL Recommendation.
If you are serious about learning XSL you should upgrade to Internet
Explorer 6.0.

Netscape 6

Netscape 6 isn't fully supporting the official W3C XSL Recommendation.
However, some of the examples in this tutorial will also work in Netscape 6.
</excerpt>

I'm not quite ready to move to IE 6.0, so can anyone recommend another
browser - Mozilla 1? newest Netscape? - that "fully supports" XSL?

Right now I use Opera 6 and I've got IE 5.5 and one of the older Mozilla
builds handy.

Thanks.
-marc