[thelist] php data driven site on cd

Tony Page zamba at zamba.com
Tue Nov 26 09:56:01 CST 2002

Well, you can get it converted to static pages easily enough, I've just
done it for thecollection.org, which is based on the gallery php/mysql
set-up. The trick is to download the lot and convert the dynamic pages
into static ones. I used the opensource proggie WinHTTrack Website
Copier 3.21-7
Development:
Interface (Windows): Xavier Roche
Spider: Xavier Roche
JavaParserClasses: Yann Philippot

(C)1998-2002 Xavier Roche and other contributors
MANY THANKS for translation tips to:
Robert Lagadec (rlagadec at yahoo.fr)

Please visit our Web page :
http://www.httrack.com

You choose the option to recreate the links to produce a browsable site
on disk. It worked a treat and created if I recall correctly 7000 odd
static pages with 200,000 links or the like! The original built in
search function did not work of course, but once you've got the static
pages you're further along towards a workable solution.

HTH,

Tony Page

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/