[thelist] noscript tag does not validate in W3C Validator

Gerry Quach indiechild at 44sunsets.org
Tue Nov 26 09:56:09 CST 2002

Hi everyone,

for some reason I can't get a noscript block to validate in my pages... I
didn't have this problem before (a few days ago), but with the "new-look"
W3C Validator I get this bizarre error:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.webcandy.biz%2Fhome%2F
Line 103, column 9: document type does not allow element "noscript" here;
missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del"
start-tag

I've checked and re-checked but my tired eyes can't find anything wrong
with the HTML...

I've also created a test.html page which has nothing but the
<.noscript></.noscript> tags and this fails to validate also.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.webcandy.biz%2Ftest.html

can anyone tell me what I'm missing here? (sorry about the bad source
formatting -- I'm using phpCMS and unfortunately it strips all the
indenting from your source HTML)

cheers

--
gerry