[thelist] RE: Web Developer Certification

Bill Haenel mail at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Nov 26 10:45:01 CST 2002

> Perhaps a group of Evolters could get together to review the work of web
> designers who apply.  Ratings could be awarded, depending on whether the
> applicant's work validates (HTML, XML, CSS), shows awareness of cross
> browser issues, and meets at least minimal accessibility guidelines.
>
> I'm thinking along the lines of the way the Better Business Bureau works.
>
> I thought someone made this suggestion before, but I haven't
> heard anything
> recently.
>
> -- Kath ...

I'm not sure it's the particular conversation you're thinking of, but a few
of us did kinda spin off into a new discussion list to see if we might not
work up a plan for advocacy of website development standardization. It's
been pretty quiet for several months, but has recently fired up again. You
can read the archives or join at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webstandards/. We will probably put up a site
at some time in the not-so-distant future.

For this, I suppose I owe:

<tip type="php manual">
If you spend a lot of time writing PHP, you'll appreciate these tools at
php.net. One of their latest is the PHP search bar for IE, Mozilla and
Opera. You can get it going at http://www.php.net/sidebars.php. Also handy
are the several browser-specific tools which can be found at
http://www.php.net/tips.php.
</tip>