[thelist] what is this scam?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 13:47:01 CST 2002

Hi all,

I've had this happen on my computer a number of times now and it
really bothers me. I get this popup window:

http://www.pixelmech.com/test/scam.gif

It pops up at random times that I can remember, not when I am doing
any one specific thing. I'm very careful about what I download and
such, its not something that I did conciously.

I used to have Gator but I wiped it, and even used AdAware to clean
my system. How can someone fire up something like this on my PC?
(This wouldn't happen on an apple..mutter).

Stuff like this makes me want to kick Bill Gates in the head. I am
connected via cable modem and I am not using any firewall software,
but I am not convinced that would help...

anyone?

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();