[thelist] what is this scam?

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Tue Nov 26 13:52:02 CST 2002

Tom-

IIRC it looks like someone's using the command-line tool "net send" to send
your computer a message (or a program is doing it).  You should get firewall
software to protect against things like this.  ZoneAlarm comes with my
personal recommendation.  Good luck!

BTW the other possibilities are that you have some active x control running
through IE, or you have some application running on startup that pops a
dialog box up at random intervals.  Try out the firewall software and see
what happens.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net