[thelist] optimal line length

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Nov 26 18:42:00 CST 2002

inches are a bad way to measure something on screen. on the other hand
if he is taking into account the fact that a larger screen with a higher
resolution will contain more words per inch than a contrary setup...
then maybe i can handle it.

i think i would tend to like shorter line lengths than longer line
lengths. how long is short and how short is long? i'm not sure. ;)

but at the same time, using the 4 to 5 inch measurement suggested by the
author on the screen i'm looking at right now (17" at 1152x864) would
probably suit me just fine.

hmm... i don't think i was much help was i?

chris.