[thelist] [best practices] Join queries in MySQL?

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Wed Nov 27 03:54:01 CST 2002

are there any example of this?

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of DESCHAMPS Stéphane
DvSI/SICoR
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 09:08
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: RE: [thelist] [best practices] Join queries in MySQL?

So to sum it up:

Both rudy and Ken say it's surprising to loop queries rather than do 'simple'
join queries...

The senior PHP dev I'm talking about told me this two years ago, talking about a
very very big database. He told me that JOIN queries would create temporary
tables, thus disk accesses, thus slower rendering than a simple loop.

Anyway, until today I used his method... I'll have to look into JOIN queries
then...

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Workers of the Web, evolt !

---