[thelist] How to protect plain html files?

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Wed Nov 27 12:57:01 CST 2002

Hi,

How could I protect plain html files?
I am outsourcing this project and the designer wants html pages to be
inside a password protected area.
I had created a one page password protected area which doesn't allow for
expansion (at the time I was told that it would be just that page
period). Now I need to create something that allows for many pages
inside the password protected area but she wants the pages to be basic
html pages.....I have explained to her that if they are plain html pages
they can be loaded without having to go through the login as long as the
person knows the full address.
I am now contemplating a full new password protected area but I still
have no idea what to use for this.
Can you give me suggestions/examples of systems I would be able to use?

Thank you.

FayeC