[thelist] Video Capture/Hardware/Software

Dave Nelson dnelson at netbank.com
Mon Dec 2 08:57:01 CST 2002

Gina K. Anderson [mailto:gina at sitediva.com] asked:

> Short question, what hardware and software (besides Adobe
> Premeire--i don't need that 'big') do you use for video
> capture, burning to CD/DVD and web presentation?
>
> I'm talking with a church about a little project--they want
> to put short video clips on their site, and maybe archive on
> DVD or CD. They shoot the video with an analog camcorder.

In the past I have spent, more like the companies I worked for, a lot of
money on Adobe Premier and After Effects to do video projects for
multi-media presentations. The control these products gave us was great and
well worth the expense.

But now I send everything out to a local vendor who is able to accept any
digital format and will output any format I need. On top of that, they offer
other services like archiving (think off site backup), animation, editing,
soundtracks, etc... By going to a vendor I have access to the best equipment
with the most up-to-date software available.

I am also able to rent time on any of their equipment so that I can do it
myself.

--dave