[thelist] upload chart, within time limit

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:00:01 CST 2002

Yeah the basic calculation I went by was based off my experiences with
various bandwidths.  For example, my cable modem at home allows me 256kbit
up / 1mbit down, so divide that by 8 and you get the number of "absolute"
bytes per second.  I factor in about a 40% loss/screw
up/lag/latency/something wrong deduction, so:

256kbit = 32kbyte = ~20kbyte/sec upload speed

That's exactly what I average from home.  Same for those other specs as
well.  Very rough estimates, but generally true.

Glad to help! :)

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net