[thelist] list items not lining up correctly

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Dec 2 17:35:01 CST 2002

you are a wise man joel, and i am a quick-to-email man. (although i did
spend about 30-40 minutes on it i didn't try to take out the script,
which i describe below.)

i didn't mention an important part of my page because i was "sure" it
did not apply. i'm a script from http://www.archomai.org/ that is used
to collapse lists. i believe part of the style (the difference between
open and closed) is applied through javascript. once i took out the
class declarations that told the javascript to act on the list, the list
magically seemed to align itself properly. i assumed my memory served me
correctly in that i remember the list not lining up correctly even
before i got his script.

well would you know, like i said, i tried it again without any fancy
scripts and it works just fine.

i'll give a holler back to the list on this if i can't figure out what's
going on the javascript. (this will most likely happen.) ;)

thanks for forcing me to take another look at it joel.

chris.