[thelist] Dreamweaver MX "Sharing Violation"

Aaron Cole awcole72 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 2 18:12:01 CST 2002

Has anyone else gotten a "Sharing Violation" when attempting to save files
using Dreamweaver MX?  The behavior is inconsistent, but I've figured out
that DW stores a temporary file of whatever you saved last on the server.
This file eventually goes away, but in the meantime I am unable to save
changes.  This gets very frustrating very quickly.

My Desktop Support group has given up and Macromedia's FAQs are of little
use.  Macromedia's solution is to delete the temp files. (No sh*t!!!)  How
can I get the temp files not to be created in the first place?

Solving this problem would literally give me an hour of production time per
day back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Aaron