[thelist] Dreamweaver MX "Sharing Violation"

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Mon Dec 2 19:25:01 CST 2002

At 4:11 PM 12/2/2, Aaron Cole wrote:
> Has anyone else gotten a "Sharing Violation" when attempting to save
> files using Dreamweaver MX?  The behavior is inconsistent, but I've
> figured out that DW stores a temporary file of whatever you saved
> last on the server.

Ken noted one config to get that, but when you say a temp file is saved on
the server, that makes me wonder whether you're actually using a local
site, as described in the docs.

Do you actually get files to your local drive and edit them there before
pushing to the shared server? or are you doing something different there?

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/