[thelist] Dreamweaver MX "Sharing Violation"

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Tue Dec 3 13:23:01 CST 2002

Re: Dreamweaver's "local site" should be a working copy stored on your
local drive, rather than on a shared server.

At 5:47 PM 12/2/2, Russ wrote:
> I could do that, but it's not my preferred method.  Getting and
> pushing doesn't work as well for us as it might for others.

I can appreciate that you'd like to do it differently than the recommended
method. Some internal networks are indeed transparent in such usage.

But if you're seeing some type of alert when trying to save a file back to
that remote server on your internal network, rather than saving to the
local drive and pushing to the shared server, then I'm not sure I could
predict what's different in that config, sorry.

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/