[thelist] regexp in MSSQL?

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Dec 3 17:36:01 CST 2002

CDNow just shut down their affiliates program, which means I have to kill
all the CDNow links from my EGBDF.info site. Until I can go back and change
all the links to point to Amazon.com (manually, of course; it's not like
anyone's going to create a tool to convert CDNow links to Amazon links) I
need to just kill the CDNow linkage.

All my articles are text fields in an MSSQL 2000 table. Can I do a search
and replace to look for '<a [anything] CDNow.com [anything] >' and replace
with a dead link? (I realize there'll be some issues with figuring out how
to prevent greedy regexps from sucking every link in an article into just
one; just getting the procedure figured out first.)

Thanks

joel

--
Joel D Canfield