[thelist] maximum page load for users leave?

Wade Armstrong wade_lists at runstrong.com
Wed Dec 4 14:57:01 CST 2002

on 12/4/02 11:28 AM, Chris W. Parker at cparker at swatgear.com wrote:

> [...]

Nielsen proposed his rule of thumb for download times a while ago. More
recent research by Jared Spool and Christine Perfetti at UIE suggests that,
while quicker is better, users' subjective reporting of how long a page
takes to download is only lightly correlated with how long the page actually
takes to download, and is much more highly correlated with how successful
the user is at accomplishing their goals with the site. You can read a brief
intro to the research at http://www.uie.com/truth.htm. While the full study
behind this is not available for free, a lot more details are available by
searching the CHI-WEB listserv archives at
http://www.acm.org/archives/chi-web.html for "download time."

Wade