[thelist] Long Date to Datetime Conversion

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Dec 4 15:47:00 CST 2002

> Is there a painless method of converting the date format so that
> "October 13, 1998" would become "1998-11-13" ?

if you find one, please let me know, because i had a look through the mysql
docs and nothing jumped out at me

two other approaches:

1) search & replace on the source sql dump file (and if it's truly too big
to fit into a search & replace text editor, i would go ahead and load it up
into a mysql table and then use sql queries to massage the strings, just
like search & replace, only a bit more clumsily)

2) load into microsoft access, define a date column, update the date column
from the text column, export the revised table, and bob's your uncle (i
tested this)

rudy