[thelist] collapsing margin and padding around UL in NS4

Roger Ly rogerly at bareviking.com
Wed Dec 4 19:37:01 CST 2002

So, I'm fairly certain that this is still not possible (that no one has
come up with a workaround yet), but just to be sure:

I need to collapse the space on top of and below my UL lists in Netscape
4.

If I define:

UL { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; }

And have
<ul>
            <li>Item 1</li>
            <li>Item 2</li>
</ul>

It accomplishes what I want to happen in IE 5+ and Mozilla, but in
Netscape there is still padding above and below the list.

UL { margin-top: -10px; }
Solves the padding on the top for NS4, but NS4 doesn't support negative
margin-bottom values.

Has there been a workaround found for this bug?

Thanks,

Roger Ly
Homestead Technologies, Inc.
650.549.3126