[thelist] Visual Basic [OT]

Dave Stevens dave at stemfiction.com
Thu Dec 5 10:45:00 CST 2002

Hi all,

I realise this is OT, but its urgent and I thought some of you guys might be
able to help out! In microsoft visual basic 6, I'm reading the contents of a
file in to some variables, and then displaying them in text boxes.

Basically, what I've done is set up the text boxes on the form, 5 for male
details, 5 for female... I've named them MaleDetails1, MaleDetails2 ...
MaleDetails5 and FemaleDetails1, FemaleDetails2... FemaleDetails5.

What I was hoping to do was then loop through the file so the first time
round, the record details would be put in to MaleDetails1, the second time
MaleDetails2 and so on.

I've set a count variable, "i", that I increase at the end of the loop by
one, and then tried to say MaleDetails[i].Text = VariableName (not exact
syntax, I know not to put [i]) but basically I can't find a way to change
the object name each time round the loop - Anyone got any ideas?

Apologies if this is vague, and of course for the off topic post.

Cheers,
Dave Stevens,  www.stemfiction.com

<tip type="Preventing Spam (To A Certain Extent)" author="Dave Stevens">
Rather than putting your email address up on your site for every little bot
to come and harvest your address for mailing lists, create yourself a little
contact form that allows the user to enter their email address so that the
message is delivered to you as if it came from their address, without your
address ever being displayed...
</tip>