[thelist] UPDATE Re: batch JPG -> PSD?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Dec 5 11:20:01 CST 2002

No joy this AM :-)

 From looking at the Adobe help doc, I'm not sure that 'Save' is a
supported scriptable action -- could be wrong, of course, but I do
know it's not working at all for me.

Downloaded 3 trialware packages, no success:

PhotoELF will convert JPG to PSD, but you have to manually select
all the images to act on, meaning they have to all be in the same
directory.
	(http://www.photoelf.com/)

Both the below claim batch modes, but neither has an output setting
of PSD.

Graphic Converter 2003
	(http://www.flydragonsoft.com/)

Image Converter and Editor 1.81
	(http://www.ggcomputer.com/icae.htm)

The GIMP's script-fu looks promising -- all I have to do is learn
Scheme real quick :-) (or figure out the Perl Gimp::Fu module, or,
or, ...)

Gahhh. I can't believe this isn't a Photoshop built-in...

Thanks again to all for the advice, though!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.