[thelist] UPDATE Re: batch JPG -> PSD?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Dec 5 13:19:01 CST 2002

Ben Dyer wrote:

> Make sure that when you Batch Process something in Photoshop, double check
> to make sure the correct action is selected.  The default action listed is
> "Vignette", whose second step within that action is "Feather." :)

Yeah, I think this was the problem last night and earlier this AM.
So I did persevere long enough to get the action to work on the
contents of a directory. Yay! However...

New problem: while there's a checkbox on the Automate->Batch dialog
to include subfolders, I can't see how to have the PSD files *saved*
in their corresponding subdirectories -- they all wind up together
in the *one* directory you're forced to specify ...

Any ideas?  Other than this "action" wizard stuff, does PS have any
exposed scripting interface (like the Gimp's script-fu)?

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.