[thelist] why is my google rating so bad (sitecheck www.gritechnologies.com)

Henk van den Bor henk at webtaurus.nl
Fri Dec 6 03:16:01 CST 2002

> Any comments about the site in general are appreciated.

No one commented on the fact that I get a very ugly horizontal scrollbar when
looking at your site..
(same goes fore Lachlan Cannons site) ( IE 6.0 on Win98)
lach>I dunno if this'll help but you might want to contast/compare your site
lach>with mine (link in sig). = http://illuminosity.net/

Someone advised agains using frames, maybe from a usabillity piont of view that
is correct, but i must say i had several sites rating nr 1 or at least very high
despite the fact that i used frames. (using the <noframes> content)

Maybe the meta's are not all used anymore, but they do a great job in getting
your priorities right.

Once you have decided which are the main keywords you can make sure they are
used frequently ( in a relevant context offcourse) and also use them as headers
h2, h3 pagetitels etc.

When targetting a specific area or region you might also consider naming that
city, area or region. Since i find people will use this as a secondary search
frase. Looking for a webdesign company close to you would result in the frases
'webdesign + (city off choice)" which will get you a much better result, than
just
trying to get a high ranking on "webdesign"

Henk van den Bor

mailto : henk at webtaurus.nl
web : http://www.webtaurus.nl