[thelist] PHP includes (how to call from subdir)

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 7 02:04:00 CST 2002

I have a single template.php file that I wish to include into other
files from various subdirectories but I am running into problems. Here's
what my directory structure looks like:

Directory listing for /public_html

index.php
template.php
/projects/index.php
/projects/one/index.php
[...]

each of the index.php files need to call template.php but I can't call
../template.php (from the subdirs) because the include path only
contains the current dir and another dir I don't have access to (this is
on m.e.o). How then would I call template.php from wherever I please
without having to make multiple copies of it in every directory I wish
to call it from.

aleem