[thelist] PHP Code not working as expected....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sat Dec 7 22:34:01 CST 2002

At 08:15 PM 12/7/2002, CDitty wrote:

>This is all the page does.  There is nothing above this point except the
>database connect info. This is running against 300,000 records and is
>taking forever to run.  Just started this today.
>$sqlPrim = mysql_query("select prodID, prodSecCat from jandr_items order by
>prodSecCat asc limit 0, 10") or die(mysql_error());
>
>Can anyone tell me why row[1] is returning array and row[0] is not?

Chris....

First off, what data is stored in these two fields? Second, in regards to
speed do you have indexes on both of these fields? Third, do you have
command line access to the mySQL DB? If so, run the SQL statement there and
see how the server responds. At least that way you get a bench mark.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys