[thelist] nospam email encoding (think I found a good one)

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Sun Dec 8 11:02:01 CST 2002

> I discovered padding the ASCII code with 0's threw off the encoder:

This is like the U.S./Soviet arms race.  Each new measure taken by
one side inspires the other to design a counter measure.  Given
that we have no way of preventing the enemy from subscribing to
thelist, I suspect that this trick will be defeated within three
weeks.  (Hope I'm wrong, but ...)

I can't imagine there ever being a foolproof client-side solution.

Sucky-est solution:  Use a .GIF that displays the address, but has
no link.  Then expect to be sued under ADA.

Ed McCarroll                          MailTo:Ed at ComSimplicity.com
ComSimplicity                                      (310) 838-4330