[thelist] Hard Drive Partition for Linux

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Sun Dec 8 15:22:01 CST 2002

Thank you Liam, Boris and (David from earlier wvdial thread)
I am not going to partition a drive and do an install obviously it would be a
fruitless exercise.  So the next question is... I don't want to buy an external
modem as I want to connect using a broadband service (currently looking into
DVB) it will probably either be with BT Broadband or NTL cable.  So Obviously
the 56K modem will not be of any use and I want to use the Linux Box as the
gateway for 4 networked PC's. So the first connection is will be to the Linux
Box which again rules out the external modem.  Now I could be going about this
in completely the wrong way so if someone can say so please highlight my
stupidly if not and I am doing something right advice is cool and welcomed
appreciatively.....

I will check ut the local lug (Linux User Group) for advice too thank you Liam

Andrew