[thelist] Hard Drive Partition for Linux

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Sun Dec 8 16:39:01 CST 2002

If all you want the Linux box to do is to act as a
firewall/gateway/router, then I would suggest looking into something
like Smoothwall GPL. This is a Linux based firewall program specifically
designed for the purpose you are describing. (There are other programs
out there that will do the exact same thing for you) This will be much
easier for you to setup then trying to configure Debian, Red Hat, or
Mandrake as a gateway.

This is how my personal network will be created. I will be using
smoothwall on an old pc as my gateway/firewall and have several
different computers all hooked up to it.

However, if you want to use the Linux box for more then just a gateway,
that can be accomplished as well.It is just a little harder to setup.

Don't know if this answers your question though.

--
Chris Johnston <chris at fuzzylizard.com>
FuzzyLizard