[thelist] include a php file via javascript

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 8 19:34:01 CST 2002

Hi,

I have a JavaScript file that I would like to be built dynamically with
PHP. Right now the static JavaScript file is included like this:

<script language=javascript src="javascript/menu.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Instead, I'd like to include a .php file like this:

<script language=javascript src="javascript/menu.php"
type="text/javascript"></script>

My concern is that it might break on some browsers. Can anyone tell me
if they've had problems including JavaScript files that did not have the
.js extension?

Thank you,

Beau