[thelist] Blink

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Mon Dec 9 10:52:01 CST 2002

Rob,

> Not that I'm trying to use it, but whatever happened to <blink></blink>?
For
> some odd reason, its not working in my browser (ie 6). Did the powers at
be
> hate it so much that they stopped supporting it?

    The <blink> element was always Netscape-proprietary, and has never been
a part of a W3C recommendation. Using CSS, however, blink is a valid (though
non-required) value of the text-decoration property [1]. Netscape 7 supports
blink both as an element and as a text-decoration property value; Netscape
6.0x also supports blink, but versions 6.1x and 6.2x do not (due to some
type of code regression error, IIRC). No Win32 version of IE supports blink
in either form.

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/text.html#propdef-text-decoration

James Aylard