[thelist] remote administration utils

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Dec 9 18:46:00 CST 2002

ok, i think i get this.

you are saying that if i were only to use this within our LAN, i could
instruct the firewall to allow requests from the internet to ports ports
5900 and 5800. but i'm a bit confusd about the VPN part. would i need to
block those ports on our firewall here, and also in the clients router?
(assuming his dsl "modem" can even block ports, which i doubt).

what would be your suggestion with this?

(and i believe the firewall already blocks everything except what i have
explicity told it to allow. 25, 80, 443, and a few others.)

thanks,
chris.