[thelist] how do we hide contents? Challenge!!

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at peak.org
Tue Dec 10 11:45:01 CST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:45:26 +0000, Geoff Sheridan
<web2k2 at premonition.co.uk> wrote:

> Ha ha ha! their "tip of the day" is:
> Design: Colored tables make excellent navigation bars.
>
> They also have a javascript running which deselects any text you
> select. But I still managed to steal the above invaluable tip just by
> typing it myself. What a bunch of muppets.

Obviously they haven't tested it with Opera, as I was able to get it quite
easily.

	DESIGN: Colored tables make excellent navigation bars. [explain]

Oh, and I didn't check but do they try to disable right click of images?
Yeah that didn't work in Opera either:

http://www.swishspot.com/images/ss-header.gif

But then again the entire http://www.swishspot.com/images/ directory is
open for anyone to steal all the images they want.... LOL

I just have two things to say to them: du-uh.

Yet another reason to use Opera: loser code is defeated.

Oh, by the way, when I ran the page with IE (where I have all the security
stuff set to PROMPT) it said:

"Do you want to allow this page to paste information from your clipboard?"

So apparently they value THEIR privacy, just not yours.

Actually in IE I can't get in to see their page, because every time I click
NO on that prompt, it asks me again.

What a maroon....

TjL

--