[thelist] [php] running scripts via command line

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Tue Dec 10 14:03:01 CST 2002

Aleem Bawany wrote:

>>done, and I still get :'php' is not recognised as an internal or
>>external command, operable program or batch file when I type "php
>>myscript.php" at the dos prompt.
>>

>I don't think you set it up correctly. The command not recognized means
>it can't find php.exe. type c:\> path

ok, here are my path values:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\WinLink;C:\PROGRA~1\pda;C:\phpdev\php

>I think in my last mail I asked you to set the path to c:\php\php.exe
>which is wrong. It should just be c:\php (or wherever your php folder
>is)... sorry my bad.

Thanks but it still doesn't work, I still get the inoperable command
message when I cd to my php directory and try to run a script like this:
php myscript.php
??

--
Paul Bennett