[thelist] sendmail 8.12.5-7 problem

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Tue Dec 10 15:02:01 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 20:00, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> hi.
> i'm trying to get sendmail working on a redhat 8 box i just installed.
> so far i am able to send emails, but i cannot receive emails.
> connections to port 25 are refused.

Having installed a RedHat distro for use as a server last month
I remember clearly that pretty much *everything* was locked
down tight.  Pleasantly surprised, I was... there's a until
called something like 'Firewall Manager' (I said *something
like* that) which allows you to edit (I assume) xinetd.conf
or whichever other file is responsible.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com