[thelist] Cookies -- ASP and JS

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 17:02:01 CST 2002

Josh

FWIW...

> > response.cookies("exp") = ""
>
> > Thanks for the response, but this was the first thing that
> I tried; no
> > dice...
>
> It's been a while, sorry.
>
> Try this instead:
>
> response.cookies("exp").expires = ""
>
> If you want it to expire immediately, you might be able to
> set it to a date in the past.  This depends on the cookie
> implementation, which has been even longer since I read.

I can read the cookie value from ASP, but when I try to alter it in ANY
way, it merely creates a new cookie entry with the same identifier. I'm
not sure if it's a scope issue, or built in security. I'll have to
revisit at a later date as I kluged it by response.write-ing some
javascript, but at least I know *why* it wasn't working...

*sickly grin*

Regards

Chris Marsh