[thelist] SQL SELECT Question

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Tue Dec 10 17:07:00 CST 2002

Burhan,

We're going to need more information than that in order to be helpful.

SELECT column FROM table

is close to the simplest, most basic SQL statement you could possibly
have.  If that "didn't work" then you've either got a mistaken idea of
what it was supposed to do, or your database isn't working at all.

As others have said, if what you want is a list of the distinct values
in the column, do

SELECT DISTINCT column FROM table

Carl