[thelist] sendmail 8.12.5-7 problem

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Tue Dec 10 18:21:01 CST 2002

Chris,

Reinstalling is such a Microsoft solution :-) *ducks the rotten tomatoes
from the MS crowd....* Seriously though, I doubt reinstalling would
help, unless you noticed something specific that went wrong in your
installation (even then, figuring out what it is and fixing it are often
quicker than reinstalling).

It looks to me like more of a general networking issue.  Can you contact
the box using its IP address in any way from another host (ie ping, ssh,
telnet, anything at all?)  If not (and you're sure that iptables is not
at fault), then the culprit is your IP/networking setup - do you have a
static IP?  DHCP on your network?  What does running the 'route' command
tell you?  Are you sure that your physical network connection is up?
etc...

Carl