[thelist] Usable explanations of the 'browse' button

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Dec 11 09:50:00 CST 2002

At 03:42 PM 12/11/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>How do you explain the idea of navigating through a file structure
>without using too high level a language?

I usually stick to metaphors that correlate to the 3d world.

Opening the browse dialogue is like opening the door to a filing cabinet.
Sometimes you have loose pages right in the drawer, but most often you have
folders.

Burrowing though the folders is like walking your fingers across the tabs
of the folders. "Open" is like taking out of file from a folder. "Save" is
like leaving one.

Frank