[thelist] One more Javascript question

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 12 07:33:01 CST 2002

>Is there any way to revert a option value changed by Javascript back to the
>default (what you would see if you view the source of the page)?  I have
>always assumed that you must change it back in script, based on how I
>understood the DOM, but you know what they say about assumptions.

You might try the defaultValue property, but I'm not sure if it works for
options.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
What shall we do with the W3C DOM?:
http://www.evolt.org/article/What_shall_we_do_with_the_W3C_DOM/4090/47311/index.html